The American Bar Association’s annual TECHSHOW is fast approaching! This year’s not-to-be missed silver jubilee celebration will be held in Chicago from April 11 to 13, 2011. Continuing its tradition of bringing technology and lawyers together, this year’s show promises to be an information-packed, fun-filled event.
I am thrilled to be co-presenting a session entitled ‘BlackBerry Love’ along with Dan Pinnington of PracticePro. This session will celebrate all things BlackBerry. First, we will offer some tips and tricks for increasing your BlackBerry proficiency and making the most of your smartphone. For example, did you know you can
- insert a period by pressing the Space key twice?
- press I to file a highlighted email message?
- scroll down a message by pressing Space and scroll back up by pressing Shift + Space?
- mark a message as opened or unopened by pressing Alt + U?
- assign a speed dial number to a certain key, while on the Home screen or Phone screen, simply hold down the key?
Next, we will explore the fun and exciting world of BlackBerry apps. We will introduce you to a myriad of apps that we think you shouldn’t live without. Here’s a taste:
- BBSAK or BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife: This freeware Windows application allows you to control and configure your BlackBerry when the BlackBerry Desktop Manager just isn’t enough. For example, you can backup third-party apps, load alternate OS builds without the hassle of uninstalling and installing them from your computer, do screen captures, and more.
- BerryBuzz: This alert tools allows you to assign custom LED colours and repeating audible alerts and vibrates to just about every feature and function such as calls, e-mails, including emails and calls from specific contacts, apps, missed calls, tasks, battery functions, etc. An unlimited number of custom LED colours are available and you can even stack two colours for even more options.
- BatteryPlus: This is an award-winning, battery boosting tool and power management application. This app is embedded with various ‘battery boosting’ techniques and functions allowing you to increase your battery’s running time. Following automatic detection of your particular BlackBerry model and its active network, it provides information on your battery charge status including real-time capacity and remaining talk and standby time.
Please visit http://www2.americanbar.org/calendar/TECHSHOW/Pages/default.aspx for more information on this year’s TECHSHOW including session descriptions, speaker bios, and registration details. It’s not too late – make your plans and register today! I hope to see you there!
Reproduction of this blog is permitted if the author is credited. If you have questions or if you would like more information, please call us at 613 836-9915. This blog is not intended to be legal advice but contains general information. Please consult a lawyer or other professional to determine how the information in this blog might apply to you.
Blog posts pre-dated December 1, 2015 were originally published under Neff Law Office Professional Corporation.